Friday, November 30, 2007

My Favorite Sport.... A Sport With Sacrifice...

Well, almost all of us are involved in Sports... Whether it may be Badminton, Swimming, Tennis, Golf, Softball and how can I forget the famous Sport, Basketball. Many thought basketball is a game that when you will be able to gain points it's already fine. But no, that's wrong. In order to be a basketball player you need to Sacrifice something. Aside from the time and effort during practices we need to consider another thing and for me, as a player (well, not really I'm playing basketball for fun and enjoyment but actually I'm learning something out from it) and as an observer (my brother is a player and I used to go with him during games and practices to carry his bag) It's more than time and effort and for me it's the hardest thing. That is to control our eagerness to shot the ball even though we know we can't make it. I was able to watch different kinds of basketball game; a game which involve chaotic players, disciplined players, boastful players, humble players, selfish players and selfless players. Of all those that I mentioned, the kind of player that I like the most are those that are selfless. Well, we all know that basketball is all about cooperation and teamwork. As I watch a certain basketball game between two teams... I was able to come up with a realization that the team who won is worth it. Why? Beacuse the winning team's players are not selfish. I mean, they are controlling their eagerness and they are waiting for the right time... 'They can score whenever they want but they are also considering the other players who have lower points than they do.' as what a sports analysts says... They are sacrificing for others... That's why, I love that team...

No comments: